The 2014 Royal season is just around the corner, with only a few weeks to go until its November 8th launch. We are now officially open for our annual Royal Agricultural Winter Fair special edition.
This year’s mini special is going to be a bit different from previous years, as we want to try something completely new! We’re going to give readers a feast for the senses, with a focus on photos and videos over the written word. We want to bring the Royal to life on your computer screen with some great multimedia content.
Photo submissions are welcomed for all aspects of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, and not limited solely to equestrian themed competitions or exhibitions.
All submissions must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The name and contact information of the photographer
- The name of the subjects (human or horse)
- A brief description of the photoshoot (ex. what event, competition class, date, etc.)
- Please ensure the photos are clear and include proper safety practices (ex. riders wearing helmets, etc.)
- Images are preferably in at least 300 dpi and of a large file size
- Photographs of subjects under the age of majority (18) must be accompanied with written permission from the legal guardian of the minor to be considered for publication
Articles / Interviews
Featured articles should not exceed 3000 words, and will be a minimum of 1500. All articles must be correctly sourced and accurate, with any included photos attributed to the appropriate photographers. All images that accompany articles, if not the property of the author, shall be accompanied with a signed letter of permission from the photographer. Any citations within the text should adhere to Canadian Press Style guidelines. Feature articles for this issue should relate to some aspect of the 2015 Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, and can include business features.
Interviews should not exceed 2500 words, and will be a minimum of 750. Interviews for this issue must be conducted with a Royal 2015 vendor, exhibitor, or competitor (any discipline). No more than 4 photos are to be submitted with interviews, and should adhere to feature article guidelines.
We recommend you query first, by sending a brief (not to exceed 250 words) outline of your proposed article to email@example.com
Article queries and full manuscripts should be sent via email as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a vendor or exhibitor who will be showcasing your business or product(s) at the Royal this year, check out our SPECIAL OFFERS page for an advertising discount.
- Article Queries before OCTOBER 31st @ 5pm EDT
- Final Submissions (article or photo) by NOVEMBER 18th @ 5pm EDT