Don’t let the theme scare you off, this issue is about the journey all equestrian’s go through to make their dreams a reality. We’re taking an in-depth look behind the scenes at the everyday lives of equestrians. From those who make horses their all day, every day (the “professionals”), to those that spend their days working (and aiming) for that precious weekend saddle time. Whether you’re a young rider working to achieve your dreams to be a top show rider, to a barn manager, farrier, or just that long term amateur who spends every waking moment they can at the barn, we want to hear your stories.
So what are we looking for exactly? Here are some details:
LIFE THROUGH YOUR EYES – FEATURED STORIES
- Professional Equestrians – Riders who make coaching, training, and/or competing their full time job, or other equestrian professionals (vets, farriers, rescue owners, etc.)
- Youth show riders – Youth/Teenage riders who actively compete and show through the show season and who have a goal of working their way up the ranks in the competitive world
- Adult Amateurs – riders who don’t have horses as a career choice, but who are nonetheless dedicated to their horses and achieving their equestrian goals
We are looking for articles on the following subjects:
- Tips & tricks for showing on a budget (or staying on budget)
- Tips & tricks for maximizing your horse time when “real life” priorities sometimes get in the way
- Things only equestrians understand (but your “normal” friends just don’t get)
- Tips for young riders looking to make coaching/training/showing their career choices
RAWF Mini Insert
We’ve also rolled our Royal Agricultural Winter Fair special edition into this jam packed issue, so we are also accepting articles and photographs covering events of the fair.
Article topics can include:
- Articles about featured events or showcases at the fair
- Stories or features from competitors about their experiences at the fair
- Photographs of events from the fair
– – – –
If you are interested in submitting an article, but don’t see your idea listed here, drop us an email with a query.
All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as MS Word or PDF files. Images should be included as separate files and be JPEG or PNG files.
More information about our submissions guidelines can be found sunder the Submissions tab.