Calling all Equine Business Owners, Riders, Coaches, Trainers, and equestrian writers … we’ve got a beast of an issue coming this November and are now open for submissions from interested individuals!
This issue is going to be a massive 3-in-1 venture that merges all of our great fall offerings into one convenient digital issue. So it’s time to put pen to paper and submit that feature you’ve been waiting to get published.
Wondering what we’re looking for, check out the below:
Building Better Riders – Training Guide
We are accepting a range of articles that center around the theme of training and rider development. Submissions from all equestrian disciplines are welcome.
Key article types:
- Building strong foundational riding skills
- Key skills to advance your riding career
- Must have skills for the show ring (any discipline)
- What I wished I knew – tips and tricks by riders for riders regarding lessons they have learned and want to impart to those developing their skills and careers
- Training Innovations – new approaches that are pushing barriers and/or innovating on old approaches to training
We’ve got the Fever – Royal Agricultural Winter Fair 2016 Mini-Special
Photo submissions are welcomed for all aspects of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, and not limited solely to equestrian themed competitions or exhibitions.
All submissions must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The name and contact information of the photographer
- The name of the subjects (human or horse)
- A brief description of the photoshoot (ex. what event, competition class, date, etc.)
- Please ensure the photos are clear and include proper safety practices (ex. riders wearing helmets, etc.)
- Images are preferably in at least 300 dpi and of a large file size
- Photographs of subjects under the age of majority (18) must be accompanied with written permission from the legal guardian of the minor to be considered for publication
Articles / Interviews
Featured articles should not exceed 3000 words, and will be a minimum of 1500. All articles must be correctly sourced and accurate, with any included photos attributed to the appropriate photographers. All images that accompany articles, if not the property of the author, shall be accompanied with a signed letter of permission from the photographer. Any citations within the text should adhere to Canadian Press Style guidelines. Feature articles for this issue should relate to some aspect of the 2016 Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, and can include business features.
Interviews should not exceed 2500 words, and will be a minimum of 750. Interviews for this issue must be conducted with a Royal 2016 vendor, exhibitor, or competitor (any discipline). No more than 4 photos are to be submitted with interviews, and should adhere to feature article guidelines.
All I want for Christmas – 2016 Winter Product Guide
It’s once again time to start preparing for our seasonal product guide, if you are an equine business owner who would like to be featured in this special, here are your options:
OPTION # 1
A full page business feature including business logo, slogan, short description, and a place to showcase top selling or featured products. Share your products as well as information about your brand and business, all in one convenient location.
OPTION # 2
Showcase a specific product, something new or your best seller with Option 2. This option allows you to showcase an image of your product, provide a short description about what it is and how it works, as well as link to your company’s business website and/or social media
For Option 1, please:
- Send a high resolution copy of your company logo
- Provide your business name, website, slogan (if applicable), and any social media your would like link to
- Supply a description of your business, its products, services, and/or features (max. 750 words)
- Provide high resolution images of any specific products you would like featured (max. 4 images)
For Option 2, please:
- Provide clear, high resolution image(s) of your product (PNG or JPEG, white background preferred).
- Specify the website URL you would like your product(s) linked to
- Provide a brief description about the product(s) (max. 250 words)
For small businesses (10 employees or less), a listing for either option is free.
For larger companies, please email us for pricing information.
We are also offering traditional print advertising for interested business in our product guide.
Sizes offered are:
- Full Page
- 1/2 Page (horizontal)
Please see our 2016 Rates & Specs sheet for pricing information
Query by October 31st
Final content due by November 21st @ 5 PM (EST)
Article queries and full manuscripts should be sent via email as an MS word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
All photos should include applicable photo credits.
Authors are asked to submit a 250 word (or less) bio with their feature.